Today, Congresswoman Maxine Waters (D-CA), Chairwoman of the House Committee on Financial Services, announced the following virtual and hybrid hearings for the month of September:
- September 8 at 12:00 PM – The Subcommittee on Diversity and Inclusion will convene for a virtual hearing entitled, “Holding Financial Regulators Accountable for Diversity and Inclusion: Perspectives from the Offices of Minority and Women Inclusion.”
- September 10 at 12:00 PM – The full Committee will convene for a virtual hearing entitled, “The Need for Financial Aid to America’s States and Territories During the Pandemic: Supporting First Responders, Assisting Schools in Their Efforts to Safely Educate, and Preventing Mass Layoffs.”
- September 16 at 12:00 PM – The full Committee will convene for a virtual hearing entitled, “Prioritizing Fannie’s and Freddie’s Capital over America’s Homeowners and Renters? A Review of the Federal Housing Finance Agency’s Response to the COVID-19 Pandemic.”
- September 17 at 12:00 PM – The Subcommittee on Investor Protection, Entrepreneurship, and Capital Markets will convene for a virtual hearing entitled, “Insider Trading and Stock Option Grants: An Examination of Corporate Integrity in the Covid-19 Pandemic.”
- September 22 at 10:30 AM – The full Committee will convene for a hybrid hearing entitled, “Oversight of the Treasury Department’s and Federal Reserve’s Pandemic Response.”
- September 24 at 12:00 PM – The Subcommittee on National Security, International Development, and Monetary Policy will convene for a hybrid hearing entitled, “An Examination of the Administration’s Implementation of Statutory Reforms to the Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States.”
- September 29 at 12:00 PM – The Task Force on Financial Technology will convene for a virtual hearing entitled, “License to Bank: Examining the Legal Framework Governing Who Can Lend and Process Payments in the Fintech Age.”
All hearings will be livestreamed on https://financialservices.house.gov/live/.
For virtual hearings, all Members and witnesses will participate remotely with no in-person participation in the hearing room.
For hybrid hearings, to ensure social distancing as required by the Attending Physician of the U.S. Congress, access to the hearing room will be limited to Members, Committee staff, and witnesses.
Committee activities are finalized once an official notice is issued by the House Financial Services Committee. Visit https://financialservices.house.gov/calendar/ for the most up-to-date Committee schedule.
Go to Source