FACT SHEET: Biden Wraps Up a Record-Breaking Year of Drugs, Death, Devastation & Dereliction of Duty
WASHINGTON, DC – Under President Biden, at the U.S.-Mexico border, there has been an unprecedented number of migrant encounters, deaths, terror watchlist apprehensions, smuggled Unaccompanied Alien Children, trafficked drugs, and arrests of border crossers with criminal convictions. The numbers don’t lie. Nothing about the Biden administration’s border security policies indicates the border is secure, despite the administration’s continued insistence otherwise.
Despite breaking all these records, the Biden administration continues to abandon any attempt to secure our Southwest border. The bottom line is that Americans are not safe under President Biden’s policies. Republicans are ready with a plan to secure the border, address the pull factors created by the Biden administration, and end this humanitarian crisis on day one of a Republican majority. The American people have had enough and Homeland Republicans are prepared to address the raging fire at our Southwest border.
Today, Homeland Security Republicans released the latest edition of the “Startling Stats” fact sheet highlighting the dangerous record-breaking fiscal year of the Biden border crisis.
- For the first time in history, migrant encounters at the Southwest border have surpassed 2 million in a single fiscal year (FY22). In total, CBP had a total of 2,766,582 nationwide encounters in FY22.
- This does not include the number of known gotaways who evaded U.S. Border Patrol this year, which DHS sources say is about 600,000.
- Since President Biden has been in office, there have been over 3.8 million migrant encounters at the Southwest border, in addition to a 1 million known gotaways who evaded U.S. Border Patrol agents in the last two years.
- The number of Unaccompanied Alien Children (UACs) reached a record level in FY22 of 152,880, compared to 147,975 in FY21 and 34,126 in FY20.
- CBP arrests of border crossers with criminal convictions also reached a record-breaking level of 29,021 in FY22.
- U.S. Border Patrol agents arrested more than 300 MS-13 gang members, attempting to enter the United States from Mexico last year.
- As of September 30, 98 people whose names appear on the Terrorist Screening Dataset (TSDS) were stopped trying to cross the U.S.-Mexico border between ports of entry this year, with 20 encountered in September alone.
- This is triple the number of terrorist encounters from the last 5 years combined.
Download the “Startling Stats” factsheet here.
The post FACT SHEET: Biden Wraps Up a Record-Breaking Year of Drugs, Death, Devastation & Dereliction of Duty appeared first on Committee on Homeland Security | Republicans.
Go to Source
Author: Lesley Fulop