Today, the U.S. House of Representatives passed H.R. 4863, The United States Export Finance Agency Act of 2019, legislation introduced by Congresswoman Maxine Waters (D-CA), Chairwoman of the House Financial Services Committee, to reauthorize and improve the Export-Import (EXIM) Bank which supports American workers, businesses and the economy.
It was passed by a vote of 235-184.
- H.R. 4863, The United States Export Finance Agency Act of 2019:
- Helps American companies and workers compete globally;
- Bolsters EXIM’s ability to support jobs and small businesses;
- Enhances accountability, resiliency and inclusivity of EXIM; and,
- Prevents bad actors from accessing EXIM support.
In October, Chairwoman Waters convened a full Committee markup of H.R. 4863 and three other bills. H.R. 4863 was passed out of Committee by a vote of 30-27.
This legislation is supported by a diverse range of American companies and workers including AFL-CIO, International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers, International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers, International Brotherhood of Boilermakers, North America’s Building Trade Unions, U.S. Chamber of Commerce, and the National Association of Manufacturers.
Go to Source