WASHINGTON, D.C. – Following the release of President Biden’s budget for fiscal year 2022, the House Budget Committee has issued a report summarizing the historic investments and visionary plans to address the many needs of the American people and build a better and more secure future for our nation.
“President Biden has proposed a transformative budget that will ensure we emerge from these past 14 months of crisis stronger and better prepared for the future than ever before,” said Chairman John Yarmuth. “With critical investments in job creation, clean energy, infrastructure, education, child care, public health, and more this budget will bring our country into the 21st century and ensure every family has the opportunity to succeed.”
Among other historic investments outlined in the President’s budget, the Committee’s report highlights proposed investments to:
- Create jobs and revitalize U.S. manufacturing
- Fix and modernize American infrastructure
- Tackle the climate crisis
- Solidify our care economy and support caregivers
- Improve our education system and better prepare our nation’s students
- Strengthen families and ensure more broadly shared prosperity
- Properly fund non-defense discretionary investments
- Meet our national defense needs
- Make a fairer tax code
“For too long, self-inflicted austerity has been mistaken for fiscal responsibility, to the detriment of American families and our nation’s economy,” said Chairman Yarmuth. “The Biden budget ends this era of chronic underinvestment in America’s potential, and addresses deficits in our communities that have been exposed and exacerbated by the pandemic.”
A link to the report is here.
# # #
Go to Source