Amman, Jordan — Speaker Nancy Pelosi is leading a bipartisan Congressional delegation to Jordan for meetings with King Abdullah II and top U.S. government officials.
“This evening, our bipartisan delegation was honored to meet with His Majesty King Abdullah II, Crown Prince Al Hussein bin Abdullah II, Prince Feisal bin Al Hussein, Foreign Minister Ayman Safadi and senior Jordanian officials,” Speaker Pelosi said. “We expressed our continued appreciation for the strategic partnership between the U.S. and Jordan and engaged in a constructive dialogue on regional stability, counterterrorism, security cooperation, Middle East peace, economic development and other shared challenges.”
“Our bipartisan delegation is visiting Jordan at a critical time for the security and stability of the region,” said Speaker Pelosi. “With the deepening crisis in Syria after Turkey’s incursion, our delegation has engaged in vital discussions about the impact to regional stability, increased flow of refugees, and the dangerous opening that has been provided to ISIS, Iran and Russia.”
At the U.S. Embassy in Amman, the delegation received detailed briefings by Chargé d’Affaires Karen Sasahara, senior diplomats and military officials and had the opportunity to thank members of the U.S. Marine detachment.
“As ever, we bring the deep gratitude of the U.S. Congress and the American people to the brave men and women serving our country overseas,” Speaker Pelosi concluded.
The Members of the bipartisan Congressional delegation are:
- Speaker Nancy Pelosi
- Ranking Member Mac Thornberry, House Armed Services Committee
- Chairman Eliot Engel, House Foreign Affairs Committee
- Chairman Bennie Thompson, Homeland Security Committee
- Chairman Adam Schiff, House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence
- Congressman Ron Kind, House Ways and Means Committee
- Congresswoman Susan Davis, House Armed Services Committee
- Congressman Stephen Lynch, Chairman, House Oversight and Reform Subcommittee on National Security
- Congresswoman Elaine Luria, House Armed Services Committee
Go to Source