Republicans Were Right: Terror Watchlisted Individuals Crossing the Border Illegally
WASHINGTON, DC – While Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas claims that the border crisis is being ‘effectively managed,’ Americans know better. Border Patrol agents have been pulled off the frontline by DHS to process thousands of migrants into the interior of the United States every day preventing them from doing what they have been trained to do and eliminating any semblance of order at the southern border. President Biden’s failed policies have created a nightmare at our Southern border that continues to crush our border law enforcement and undermine the rule of law.
- Since President Biden has been in office, there have been over 2.99 million migrant encounters at the southwest border.
- As of May 30, 50 people whose names appear on the terror watch list were stopped trying to cross the U.S.-Mexico border between ports of entry this fiscal year.
- Since the beginning of Fiscal Year 2021, there have been over 800,000 gotaways encountered.
- The number of known gotaways continues to increase at a record rate along the southwest border, so we cannot be certain exactly how many known terrorists have entered the U.S. amidst the Biden administration’s disastrous border crisis.
- In the Rio Grande Valley Sector, agents arrested 11 MS-13 gang members and four child sex predators, including a Salvadoran man convicted of raping a 13-year-old child. Agents also arrested a Colombian man who was convicted of murder for hire in New York.
Download the factsheet here.
Go to Source
Author: Lesley Fulop