Today, Congresswoman Maxine Waters (D-CA), Chairwoman of the House Committee on Financial Services, announced the following schedule for the month of November:
- November 2 at 10:00 AM ET: The Task Force on Financial Technology will convene for a hybrid hearing entitled, “Buy Now, Pay More Later? Investigating Risks and Benefits of BNPL and Other Emerging Fintech Cash Flow Products.”
- November 3 at 10:00 AM ET: The Subcommittee on Consumer Protection and Financial Institutions will convene for a hybrid hearing entitled, “Cyber Threats, Consumer Data, and the Financial System”
- November 4 at 10:00 AM ET: The Subcommittee on National Security, International Development and Monetary Policy will convene for a hybrid hearing entitled, “From Timber to Tungsten: How the Exploitation of Natural Resources Funds Rogue Organizations and Regimes.”
- November 9 at 12:00 PM ET: The Subcommittee on Diversity and Inclusion will convene for a virtual hearing entitled, “There’s No Pride in Prejudice: Eliminating Barriers to Full Economic Inclusion for the LGBTQ+ Community.”
- November 16 at 10:00 AM ET: The full Committee will convene for a hybrid markup.
All hearings are livestreamed on https://financialservices.house.gov/live/.
Due to the COVID-19 Delta variant, all markups and hearings will be in hybrid format. Members and witnesses may participate remotely via Cisco WebEx or participate in-person in room 2128 Rayburn House Office Building.
Committee activities are finalized once an official notice is issued by the House Financial Services Committee. Visit https://financialservices.house.gov/calendar/ for the most up-to-date Committee schedule.
Go to Source