Waters Announces Updates to October Hearing Schedule
October 14, 2021
Today, Congresswoman Maxine Waters (D-CA), Chairwoman of the House Committee on Financial Services, announced the following updates to the hearing schedule for the month of October:
- NEW DATE: October 15 at 12:00 PM ET: The Subcommittee on Housing, Community Development and Insurance will convene for a virtual hearing entitled, “Zoned Out: Examining the Impact of Exclusionary Zoning on People, Resources, and Opportunity.”
- October 20 at 10:00 AM ET: The full Committee will convene for a hybrid hearing entitled, “The State of the International Financial System and U.S. Participation in the International Financial Institutions.”
- NEW HEARING: October 21 at 10:00 AM ET: The full Committee will convene for a hybrid hearing entitled, “A Strong Foundation: How Housing is the Key to Building Back a Better America.”
- October 26 at 10:00 AM ET: The Subcommittee on Investor Protection, Entrepreneurship and Capital Markets will convene for a hybrid hearing entitled, “Taking Stock of ‘China, Inc.’: Examining Risks to Investors and the U.S. Posed by Foreign Issuers in U.S. Markets.”
- October 27 at 10:00 AM ET: The full Committee will convene for a hybrid hearing entitled, “Bringing Consumer Protection Back: A Semi-Annual Review of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.”
All hearings are livestreamed on https://financialservices.house.gov/live/.
For virtual hearings, all Members and witnesses participate remotely with no in-person participation in the hearing room. Hybrid hearings will take place in 2128 Rayburn House Office Building with a virtual option for all Members and witnesses to participate remotely.
Committee activities are finalized once an official notice is issued by the House Financial Services Committee. Visit https://financialservices.house.gov/calendar/ for the most up-to-date Committee schedule.
Go to Source