Today, Congresswoman Maxine Waters (D-CA), Chairwoman of the House Committee on Financial Services, announced the following schedule for the month of September:
- September 21 at 10:00 AM ET: The Task Force on Financial Technology will convene for a hybrid hearing entitled, “Preserving the Right of Consumers to Access Personal Financial Data.”
- POSTPONED: The Subcommittee on Investor Protection, Entrepreneurship and Capital Markets will convene for a hybrid hearing entitled, “Taking Stock of “China, Inc.”: Examining Risks to Individual Investors and the U.S. Posed by Foreign Issuers in U.S. Markets.”
- September 23 at 10:00 AM ET: The Subcommittee on National Security, International Development and Monetary Policy will convene for a hybrid hearing entitled, “Lending in a Crisis: Reviewing the Federal Reserve’s Emergency Lending Powers During the Pandemic and Examining Proposals to Address Future Economic Crises.”
- September 28 at 10:00 AM ET: The Subcommittee on Diversity and Inclusion will convene for a hybrid hearing entitled, “Access Denied: Eliminating Barriers and Increasing Economic Opportunity for Justice-Involved Individuals.”
- September 29 at 10:00 AM ET: The Subcommittee on Consumer Protection and Financial Institutions will convene for a hybrid hearing entitled, “The Future of Banking: How Consolidation, Nonbank Competition, and Technology are Reshaping the Banking System.”
- September 30 at 10:00 AM ET: The full Committee will convene for a hybrid hearing entitled, “Oversight of the Treasury Department’s and Federal Reserve’s Pandemic Response.”
All hearings are livestreamed on https://financialservices.house.gov/live/.
Due to the COVID-19 Delta variant, all markups and hearings will be in hybrid format. Members and witnesses may participate remotely via Cisco WebEx or participate in-person in room 2128 Rayburn House Office Building.
Committee activities are finalized once an official notice is issued by the House Financial Services Committee. Visit https://financialservices.house.gov/calendar/ for the most up-to-date Committee schedule.
Go to Source