This year’s Investment Summit was the largest in its history with representatives from every U.S. state and territory participating for the first time ever
On the final day of the 2021 SelectUSA Investment Summit, U.S. Secretary of Commerce Gina M. Raimondo released the following statement:
“The United States offers unmatched diversity, a culture of innovation, and the world’s most productive workforce to global companies of all sizes looking to grow and succeed in the U.S. market. This week’s Investment Summit showcased that America is back and open for business, and I am thrilled to share it was a record-shattering success.
“This year’s event was attended by over 3,400 participants spanning 80 international markets – making this our largest Investment Summit to date. For the first time since its inception, representatives from all U.S. states and territories participated. And as a former governor, I’m pleased to share that this year’s summit featured participation from 28 governors – another SelectUSA record.
“I want to thank President Biden for his participation in the Investment Summit, and for issuing an Open Investment Policy that pledges to treat all investors in a fair and equitable manner under the law and encourage and support business investment from both at home and abroad. His leadership will ensure that the United States remains the most attractive place in the world for businesses to invest and grow.
“Since its inception, the SelectUSA Investment Summit has generated more than $48.4 billion in FDI, supporting more than 45,000 U.S. jobs. The connections made at this year’s summit will build on that legacy of success and generate further investments that will ultimately create good-paying jobs and strengthen our domestic supply chain, while deepening our relationship with our allies abroad.”
All of the following are records for the Investment Summit:
- First-ever all virtual event
- Representation from every single state and territory in the United States for the first time at an Investment Summit.
- 28 Governors participated (AR, CA, CO, DE, GA, ID, IL, IN, KS, KY, MD, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NJ, NM, ND, OH, RI, UT, VT, VA; TERR: CNMI, PR, GU)
- 8 Cabinet Members (Commerce, State, Transportation, Labor, Energy, Small Business Administration, Treasury, Agriculture)
- 80 international markets represented
- Over 500 speakers
- Over 200 sessions
- Largest single delegation from a foreign market ever – from Taiwan with over 200 companies
- 6 Markets represented by business investors at the Investment Summit for the first time: Brunei, Cameroon, Mozambique, Madagascar, North Macedonia, Tanzania
- Over 350 SelectUSA Tech companies (early-stage tech companies) from 50+ markets; including over 70 female founders from 30 different markets participating in the inaugural Select Global Women in Tech Mentorship and Training Network.
SelectUSA is the U.S. government program housed within the U.S. Department of Commerce that focuses on facilitating job-creating business investment into the United States and raising awareness of the critical role that economic development plays in the U.S. economy. Since its inception, SelectUSA has facilitated more than $84 billion in investment, creating and/or retaining over 106,000 U.S. jobs.
Go to Source