Justice Ginsburg was admitted to The Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore, Maryland early this morning for treatment of a possible infection. She was initially evaluated at Sibley Memorial Hospital in Washington, D.C. last night after experiencing fever and chills. She underwent an endoscopic procedure at Johns Hopkins this afternoon to clean out a bile duct stent that was placed last August. The Justice is resting comfortably and will stay in the hospital for a few days to receive intravenous antibiotic treatment.
Press Release Regarding Justice Ginsburg
More from JudicialMore posts in Judicial »
More from Supreme CourtMore posts in Supreme Court »
- Patricia McCabe named Public Information Officer of the Supreme Court of the U. S.
- Public Information Officer Kathleen L. Arberg Retirement Announcement
- Gail A. Curley named Marshal of the Supreme Court of the U.S.
- Media Advisory Regarding April and May Teleconference Argument Audio
- Press Release Regarding April Oral Argument Session